September 12, 2021

Tap Tap Tap....Is This Thing On???

Well it's been a little over 10 years and I found this blog stuffed in the back corner of a dingy, dark closet all covered in dust.  I thought I'd clean it up, give it a facelift, and hopefully some new life.  There has been so much change and so many awkward adventures in the last 10 years, some of which I will discuss in future posts including:

  • My only child is not spoiled.  Privileged Yes.  But not spoiled.
  • I swore off Facebook. 
  • Lola died (I miss her) and Bad Maggie arrived (I love her too).
  • We moved across the country.
  • We left tornado alley to experience our first tornado hit vs it hitting on the other side of town.
  • We took up mountain biking on top of regular hiking.
  • Hell hath no fury like a Texas summer....or late winter storm.
  • Public health is now a political issue - Who knew???
  • My career long advocation and fight for teleworking has been vindicated, and I TOLD YOU SO to my bosses that patted me on the head and told me to run along and get back to work.
  • My tween daughter is rapidly approaching the most awkward phase of her life, and I'm so excited for her!
  • I'm convinced I'm going through my version of a mid-life crisis.
Anyways, I don't know if anyone is still out there.  But if you are, I hope you'll join me as I dive into the awkwardness that still is, and will be part of me, as long as I live and breathe on this earth.   I have very much missed this outlet.  When I look back on what I enjoyed most growing up that gave me joy and an adrenaline rush, playing sports was at the top of the list, followed by my creative writing assignments and exploits.  And with my daughter needing us less and less, I ran across my old blogs and after reading through them, realized I've learned a bit and my perspective has changed a bit over the last 10 years.  This is the one I missed the most and still has the potential to give me a cathartic outlet that I so desperately need at this time in my life.    

So I hope to find some of you again, and maybe find a few new people that relate, debate, or just plain hate.  See what I did there.  I also enjoy awkward poetry!

Here's to our awkward future together!  

    RIP Lola                                                                      Welcome Bad Maggie





No comments: